We’re hiring a TikTok Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new growth area at gt3web consulting
We are hiring a TikTok specialist to produce videos for our expanding TikTok audience. You will be responsible for growing our client’s presence on TikTok, by creating (and sometimes starring in) videos that will be a huge hit with our very online 18-25 demographic.
This is an exciting opportunity to be instrumental in a new growth area. This role is for someone ambitious and creative who loves to watch the numbers grow. You’ll be responsible for aggressively expanding our platform in genius ways.
We are run by strategists, web, and creatives – who like being first – our storytelling is brave, original, and entertaining.
What you’ll be doing
Day to day you will be making several short-form videos that have the potential to go viral, using your expert knowledge of what’s trending. You will also work with our Community Manager & Creative Team to carve out our TikTok strategy and create the blueprint for success. You’ll be responsible for propelling the account towards major milestones – like 500,000 followers, and 1M followers.
- Creating (and sometimes starring in) TikTok videos for The Tab’s account
- Pitching video ideas based on current TikTok trends
- Commissioning TikTok videos to other writing staff and students
- Keeping track of growth numbers and reporting them weekly
- Giving advice to Tab student editors who are growing TikTok accounts for their university audiences
You will be a TikTok *connoisseur*, having grown your account or another brand’s account into the thousands. You need an innate understanding of the audience; 18-25s who are well-versed in online culture and are spending big chunks of their day on browsing TikTok. It will be your job to stop them from swiping up straight away- by amusing, angering, amazing, and informing them with your attention-grabbing videos.
You will be:
- Simply obsessed with TikTok – and able to name a few of the biggest TikTok trends on any given day
- Creative and energetic – you’ll need a constant stream of ideas, and be able to come up with new ways to engage the audience on-the-spot
- A self-starter – you’ll be the only person working exclusively on TikTok and responsible for its growth
- Good under pressure – you’ll be working in a newsroom environment, where new ideas are constantly thrown up and quick turnarounds are needed
- Driven – you understand the shift TikTok, the opportunity it presents for the media, and want to be at the forefront of that change
You will need:
- BSc Degree in Media or any related field
- Or Atleast be in the University
- Proficiency with Video editing tools like final cut or adobe premiere pro
- Company Laptop
- Flexible working, with access to our online co-working spaces
- Early finishes on a Friday
- 25 days holiday per year
- Competitive salary (based on your experience of the above)
- A young, sociable team who are hugely passionate about representing the voices of young people
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please send the following to Adil ([email protected]):
- Your CV and cover letter
- A link to your personal TikTok, or a brand’s TikTok, that you have grown yourself
- Outline three TikTok video ideas that would blow up for an eyewear brand like Rayban based on current trends. Please include a very brief description of why you think the video would be well-watched
Due to the volume of applications, we will only be able to get back to successful candidates.